Firing took place at the Freedom Day Parade in Chicago on America’s Independence Day. 7 people died and 31 were injured in this attack. The suspect, 22-year-old Robert E Cremo III, was arrested in the case. First degree murder charges have been imposed on him. 7 cases of murder have been registered against Cremo. He could be sentenced to life imprisonment.
Police said the suspect had been planning the attack for weeks. He wore women’s clothes during the attack. He had a license to own a gun. He was on his way to escape after the firing. He threw his gun and joined the crowd.
This photo is of Robert E Cremo. During the parade, a CCTV camera installed nearby was seen wearing women’s clothes, police said.
Police told that 5 big things have come to light about Robert E Cremo.
- Cremo is a rapper. Police arrested Robert after a long distance chase on the Chicago Highway. After which he called himself a musician.
- YouTube and Spotify have removed his videos and songs. His social media pages have also been blocked. He also appeared at a rally of former US President Donald Trump.
- He likes attention. In a video, he had said – I don’t like it when others get more attention on the internet than me. I start hating other people.
- In an animated music video, Cremo was seen firing shots at people. After firing in this video, the policemen kill him. The lyrics of the song are also weird. In this he says – Sometimes it seems that I am living a dream.
- In another music video, he is standing in a class wearing a helmet and a bulletproof jacket. The American flag is also visible beside him. Not only this, he is also seen firing on the floor. In this he says – I have to do this. This is my destiny.
There was panic after the firing during the parade. After this the police had cordoned off the surrounding area.
- Police has come to Cremo’s house twice before. In 2019, he tried to commit suicide. After this he threatened to kill everyone. After which the police reached his house for the second time. The police then recovered several knives from his house.